Australian university students of French: applications are open for an English Teaching Assistantship on the Francophone South Pacific island of Wallis-and-Futuna. From the French Embassy website:
One position is available in 2017 for an English Language Assistant in Wallis-and-Futuna.
This program is aimed at students who intend to become French or English language teachers, with little to no teaching experience. It is not aimed at experienced teachers.
- Candidates must be Australian citizens. Permanent residents are not eligible.
- Candidates must be between 20 and 35 years of age at the time of taking up their position (from 1 March 2017).
- Candidates must be enrolled at an Australian university at the time of their application, and must have completed at least two years of university studies.
- Minimum level B1 in French is required.
Role of the Assistant
- Providing help in the classroom in oral and written English with small groups of students for 12 hours every week.
- Providing linguistic and cultural assistance to teachers.
- Making recordings on tape for the audio-visual resources of the school’s library.
Applications must reach the Embassy of France in Australia by close of business on September 16 2016. For more information, visit the Embassy site here.