The French Embassy of Australia is running a prestigious photography competition for higher education students of French in Australia! From the Embassy:
This year, in order to celebrate the 2016 Exchange Fair Circuit and Higher Education, Campus France Australie and the Culture, Science and Technology Section of the Embassy of France in Australia will be holding the Be Your Best Frenchie photo competition. Open to all Higher Education students within Australia, this is your chance to show off your creativity and love of all things French, and to win a genuine French experience! Open from Monday March 7 until Tuesday May 31.
• Entries must be original and innovative.
• Photographs should demonstrate the Francophile spirit, and reflect your idea of France.
• Photographs must respect the theme, and respect the terms and conditions and be of good quality.
Terms and conditions:
1. Competition entrants must be enrolled at an Australian university, in any State or Territory. Please specify your name, university and contact details with your entry, along with the date it was taken. We also ask that entrants submit a scanned copy of their student university ID card for verification.
2. All entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31st 2016. Late entries will not be accepted.
3. Photos taken using mobile phones or camera are accepted and must be attached as a JPEG or PNG file.
4. Photos that are inappropriate or offensive will be discarded immediately, and will not be included in the competition.
5. By submitting your photo to the provided email address, you are providing automatic consent for it to be used online for promotional articles, and to be used on the Embassy of France in Australia’s social media accounts and website, as well as on the Campus France Australie website, France Alumni Australie website, Alliances Françaises websites and your universities websites. If you are not comfortable with this, please advise us immediately.
The prize winners from each State and Territory will receive a voucher for two people for a delicious French meal at one of a partner restaurant. This voucher can be used for the cost of the meal. Please be aware that the legal age of alcohol consumption in Australia is 18 years of age and over and that you may be asked to present your ID by the restaurant staff. This voucher will not be redeemable for cash, and must be used by the end of December 2016. Please be sure to book well in advance in order to avoid missing out on your preferred date.
The prize winners from each State and Territory and one guest will also be invited to attend the 14th of July Bastille Day 2016 celebrations at the Embassy of France in Canberra, an unforgettable French experience!
Please be aware that those who wish to attend the celebrations will be required to be present in the city of Canberra in the Australian Capital Territory on the 14th of July 2016, and that the costs associated (travel, accommodation, etc.) will be at the prize winners’ own expenses. Specific instructions and details regarding this event will be sent to the prize winners upon selection.
The prize winners of the photo competition will be advised no later than Monday June 13 2016. Those successful will be advised by email. Once selected, the universities of each prize winner will be contacted by phone in order to confirm their enrolment.