Want to gain valuable professional and teaching experience in a Francophone country? Want to explore the South Pacific, use your French language skills and get paid to teach English? Are you fascinated by the island nation of New Caledonia? Then the New Caledonia language assistantship program might be for you.
See details below and visit the Embassy’s website to apply.
This program is aimed at students who intend to become French or English language teachers, or teachers with little to no experience. It is not meant for experienced teachers.
Candidates must be Australian citizens. Permanent residents are not eligible.
Candidates should be between 20 and 35 years of age at the time of taking up their positions (from 21 March 2016). They should also preferably be single, as the salary of an assistant is not adequate to support dependents.
Candidates must be enrolled at university at the time of application, and they must have completed at least two years of university studies.
Role of the Assistant
Tasks to be carried out by the assistant include:
- Providing help in the classroom in oral and written English with small groups of students for 12 hours every week.
- Providing linguistic and cultural assistance to teachers.
- Making recordings on tape for the audio-visual resources of the school’s library.
- Length: 7 months – from 21 March 2016 to 21 October 2016
- A 12-hour per week schedule
- Net monthly allowance: 1529 € (182 000 F CFP)